SMARTS, Students Motivated by the Arts is in search of enthusiastic arts teachers for PK-12 students in all of our disciplines: visual art, music, dance, theater, and creative writing during the 2017-2018 school year. If you are available during the school day that is fantastic. If you can only do afterschool times or Saturdays that’s great too.
All applicants need to:
- Be working towards or hold at a minimum of a B.S., B.A., or a B.F.A. in visual arts, music, dance, theater, creative writing, and/or a related field
- Must have and pass a current FBI/BCI background check
- Previous experience working with PK-12 students
- An Ohio Teaching License is preferred
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Design and execute creative curriculum that follows the Ohio State Standards
- Keep all supplies and equipment in good working order
- Be organized and prepared ahead for classes
- Provide data to SMARTS using any pre and post assessments provided
- Have a passion for teaching the arts to students of all ages
- Flexible and open minded to new ideas and situations
- Remain in constant communication with SMARTS Program Manager
- Be punctual, responsible, and reliable
If you are interested, please fill out the form for potential teachers and include your cover letter and resume. This will help us to start our conversation with you.