SMARTS, Students Motivated by the Arts is in search of enthusiastic arts teachers for PK-12 students in all of our disciplines: visual art, music, dance, theater, and creative writing during the 2017-2018 school year. If you are available during the school day that is fantastic. If you can only do afterschool times or Saturdays that’s great too.
All applicants need to:
- Be working towards or hold at a minimum of a B.S., B.A., or a B.F.A. in visual arts, music, dance, theater, creative writing, and/or a related field
- Must have and pass a current FBI/BCI background check
- Previous experience working with PK-12 students
- An Ohio Teaching License is preferred
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Design and execute creative curriculum that follows the Ohio State Standards
- Keep all supplies and equipment in good working order
- Be organized and prepared ahead for classes
- Provide data to SMARTS using any pre and post assessments provided
- Have a passion for teaching the arts to students of all ages
- Flexible and open minded to new ideas and situations
- Remain in constant communication with SMARTS Program Manager
- Be punctual, responsible, and reliable
If you are interested, please fill out the application and include your cover letter and resume.